Updated: Apr 6, 2022
This was my home for the past three years. Many mixed emotions; it was such an incredible spot to live, with views of the lake and the northern lights visible from my back door! I'll never forget many wonderful memories.
Over a three-year period, it was also the site of my carbon monoxide poisoning. I almost died with a CO2 lever of 34 (normal is 0-6), and my dog perished as well. I was flown out to ER in Saskatoon by Air Amb. After that, I travelled to Moose Jaw X 3 for hyperbaric treatment.
The whole encounter has left me with a lot of trauma to this day. It gets to the point where I think I've got a nervous twitch simply thinking about it. My anxiety can get so bad that it's difficult for me to work without becoming anxious. What makes it even more difficult is the stigma associated with mental illness. No one wants to be your friend or listen to your story any longer. You don't get flowers, cards, or "get well soon" advice if you have a broken leg.
As time passes, I continue to strive to be more positive and to use all of my experiences to grow as a better and stronger person, both for myself and for my new family. It's also highly therapeutic for me to share my tale here. I'm not sure where I'd be right now if it weren't for photography and your support. I know I'll never be disappointed if I have my camera with me. It's my way of getting away from whatever agony I'm experiencing. My camera does not pass judgement on me.
Thank you for taking the time to read what I've written.